Yesterday was the last day to respond to the Rich Dad training program. After talking to all the professionals, friends, and families around us – we decide not to go forward with the program.
I spent a couple hours in the bookstore, and grabbed a few RE investment books:
– The Pre-Foreclosure Property Investor’s Kit
– Real Estate Advantages, Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors
– Real Estate Riches
– The ABC’s of Real Estate Investing
Brian and I also went to meet Mrs. RoJane Maybee (isn’t her name cool??) – the real estate super star referred by my forever mentor and friend David Bovee. RoJane will help us to get started, fast. Here is the plan:
– Get a house with FHA loan (3% down)
– Use the rest of the money to buy 1 rental property
– Lastly, do one Rehab before the end of the year for short term return
I started to look at Redfin listings in the different way – I now can “favorite” Short-Sales, because I know RoJane can help us figure out the way to approach Short-Sale deals. I can “favorite” ugly homes (fixers), because I know RoJane can help us understand the ROI on the rehab work.
We will not just stop here. I have ordered new business cards for the two of us – the Alan way 😉 I signed up for the REAPS (Real Estate Association of the Puget Sound) meetings next week – can’t wait to meet other RE investors in this play field!
I am way too excited for what is happening within the short week! It is only 3 days after the class and we already had a great plan and ready to roll!!